With over 20 years working as a doctor in both the UK and Australia, I am delighted to offer my clinical knowledge, literature review expertise and communication skills
I’ve worked with research, healthcare and patient organisations, and I specialise in creating accredited continuing professional development (CPD) content for healthcare professionals.
If you need compelling content for healthcare professionals or patients, contact me today.
Clients I've worked with
Clients I've worked with
I have produced multiple CPD modules for HealthCert Education (which has students in over 40 countries) to produce high-quality, accredited educational content for GPs. HealthCert Education is proudly partnered with The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) as a major CPD provider. Whether you require referenced slide decks, recommended reading lists, multiple choice questions or cases, let’s collaborate.
EPG Health is the publisher of Medthority (www.medthority.com), an online disease and medicines knowledge base and decision support tool for healthcare professionals worldwide. I have worked with EPG Health to produce CPD content for nurses.
I have produced multiple patient resources on hepatitis B. I am also delighted to be on their Editorial Committee.
Arrotex Pharmaceuticals is Australia’s largest generic pharmaceutical and private label over the counter medicines company. I have been commissioned to produced two CPD modules for publication in the Australian Journal of Pharmacy.
Founded in 2007, IBPF focuses on mental health awareness including education, resources, and supportive connection.
Jean Hailes for Women’s Health is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving women’s health throughout Australia. I worked together with their web content review team to produce refreshed and updated web content.
Bipolar Life was first established in 2006.
Bipolar disorder affects about 45 million people worldwide, and can touch people living with the disorder in myriad ways. I have written many articles to empower and educate people with this condition.
The CHF is Australia’s leading advocate on consumer health care issues. I produced an article with some insider tips for patients wanting more out of their GP visits.
With so many medical writers out there, you’ll want the best person for your project. To help you decide, here’s a quick summary of my medical qualifications:
- 1998: MB ChB (University of Manchester, UK)
- 2002: MRCGP (Royal College of General Practitioners, UK)
- 2005: FRACGP (Royal Australian General Practitioners)
- 2019: Member of The Australasian Medical Writers Association
- 2020: Member of Editorial Committee, Hepatitis Australia
I’ve worked both in the UK and Australia so I have a solid understanding of both healthcare systems.
And here’s how I can help you with my content:
- Research is carried out using reputable sources including evidence-based and best practice guidelines
- Content is written to a high standard of grammar, spelling, punctuation and word usage, along with appropriate revisions, editing and proofreading
- In deciding on the scope, we’ll decide on best tone, language and any style guide you’d like me to use
- Being a doctor means has given me the skills to communicate with and educate healthcare professionals, whilst being able to help patients understand complex health concepts
- Key messages, specified keyword usage, and important deadlines are all high-priority
In a nutshell, my extensive clinical experience lends your content authenticity and credibility.
Dr Alice Lam writes clearly and compassionately about health and illness. She doesn’t shy away from complexity, leading lay readers deftly through the science and lived experience of complex problems.
Her writing style is engaging, bright and warm, so she can hold readers through sometimes difficult topics. Her stance on health problems emphasises the empowered patient as central to good outcomes, ensuring that she generates hope amongst readers who themselves are facing health challenges.
I recommend her unreservedly as a health writer!
– Professor Greg Murray, PhD, FAPS. Director, Centre for Mental Health, Swinburne University of Technology; Patron, Bipolar Life
As Course Chair for courses in HealthCert Education, I have had the pleasure of working with Dr Alice Lam.
Her medical writing is of the highest order – clear, logical, relevant to the target audience and extremely well referenced. Furthermore, she completes tasks in time and is good to work with.
I am happy to commend Dr Alice Lam to anyone seeking medical writing.
– Dr Joe Kosterich, Course Chair, HealthCert Education
Dr Alice Lam is a GP and medical education writer for HealthCert.
HealthCert is an accredited, international provider of continuing medical education for GPs associated with universities, major teaching hospital clinical placements and postgraduate pathways in Australia, UK and Europe. HealthCert courses pass through multiple levels of review including; Course Chair reviews, independent expert reviews, accreditation authority reviews and university quality assurance reviews.
Alice has written many HealthCert modules for GPs including medical presentations, assessments and clinical cases on a wide variety of topics. These materials have consistently received high praise at all levels of review. She is a first-class medical education writer who always delivers on time and with a smile.
It is a pleasure to work with Alice, and I would highly recommend her services.
– Christine Guyler, Head of Academic Standards, HealthCert Education
What does your service include?
As every project is different, a personalised quote will be provided. Once we’ve had a brief discussion (phone, video call or email), I will put together a proposal, customised for your exact needs. This will provide you with the following information:
1. Level of background research required
2. Content to be supplied, in what format (such as docx, .pdf, .pptx), approximate deadline
3. Approximate word count
4. Whether stock images, customised figures/tables are required
5. References are supplied as standard – let me know if you have a preferred reference style
6. Editing, proofreading, and an agreed number of revisions if necessary
All content on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for individual consultation with a qualified physician.
I acknowledge Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognise the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. I pay my respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past and present.